Friday 8 July 2011

ARRRGGGHHH!

I once posted something something about unruly kids/teenager in UK. I can't just help but add more to this post. If you haven't read it please click here. I am currently staying with a family friend, and some of the kids are so unruly. When i said kids, i mean grown ass men, especially one of them, this guy is 23. Lemme tell you why this guy makes me wanna just S-C-R-E-A-M.!


  • Sucks his thumb and hog the remote all day.
  • He can't clean up after himself, he cannot even wash his own plate. When he removes his socks, one will be in the kitchen, the other one in the utility room. A lot of times, i just wanna jump on this guy and do this.

(Not that i can do it, he will just fling me off like a fly)lol. 
  • Brings his friends over, they will eat and dump their plates in the sink, expecting their ''maid'' to clean up after them

The thing is, i am the only girl in the house and the boys won't clean up, and i hate seeing the house dirty especially the kitchen so i haven't got any choice but to clean it up. Before i started staying with them, i vowed not to pick a fight with any of them because i am only spending the whole of this month wif them but i am going crazy with guy's attitude, i don't know what to do, am losing my patience and that's why i decided to blog about it maybe you guys can tell me what to do/deal with this lazy cow. 

16 comments:

Molara Brown said...

I feel you, I currently live with such people, but in this case we are sharing the flat. Some times I go days without stepping into the kitchen, because I can't stand the mess...when I can't talk it anymore, I either wash or just tell them.

N.I.L (Naijamum in London) said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
N.I.L (Naijamum in London) said...

N.I.L (Naijamum in London) said...
Re: 'i am the only girl in the house ................so i haven't got any choice but to clean it up'

Yes, you do have a choice. I would get disposable plates and cutlery for my own use + I will refuse to cook for them unless they start cleaning up.
If they dont want to clean, I'll cook and clean for myself alone. Finito

U are just too nice *sigh*

Unknown said...

Betti na from wiah dem dey learn this dirtiness?

9jaFOODie said...

Arggggg...I feel your pain. please follow Niajamums advice, you are not their slave.

Dammy Jewel said...

I sooo agree with N.I.L...especially the finito part..lol

Anonymous said...

I understand your situation becox i have been there several times...& i showed my anger in one particular situation since i was the hostess... but since you are the guest staying for a month, PLEASE bear it & be counting the days when you would leave...becox we don't know tomorrow, so don't create 'bad-belly' before you leave... BUT you can be cunning by leaving the house for a stroll or anything & feed very well outside, so that when you come in, you simply go to bed! If you are indoors, be busy reading or present a very busy situation that they can't disturb you and IGNORE the dirty kitchen! until when the hostess comes to see it herself!

Anonymous said...

Just read 9jamum comments..IRON LADY! *Laughing*..my sister, n-a-y, not when you are a guest..it would pass the wrong message & she MIGHT one day still 'visit' them for a reason she just did..so she should not burn down the bridge after her... it's very annoying becox in 9ja it's even worst when having relations or in-laws with you..my eyes don see WEN! Nah by force & quarrel i refused to serve & clean up after my BILS...since it's just for a month...make she dey patient, for any consolation, make she dey curse them for her belly as she dey clean up, believe me, it helps o! *wicked grin*...take care :D

Oluwaseun S. said...

I would advice you to talk to them. Sit them down and tell them what they are doing wrong. Try to make them understand how you feel about leaving with them and how they can change things to make the living situation better. It is better to let them know how bad their behavior is now before it gets out of hand. When it becomes too unbearable for you, you might not have enough patience to address them in a well behaved manner. Don't pick a fight with them, just be calm, cool and collective.

Good luck! :)

http://foreversweetlybroken.blogspot.com/

Ope Adebayo said...

I thank you guys for the comments.This is a really complicated issue,and i have been praying to God for patience because you really need the patience of a saint to deal with this particular guy.

Aseni said...

absolutely agree with NIL. But then again i cant stay in a dirty place so i feel ur pain..

take a deep breathe and just wait this one month..twill be over soon!

Ope Adebayo said...

@Aseni: I know my days are numbered and i sure can't wait! Thanks for the comment.

Seshe James said...

Naijamum is right...Listen to her...

Ope Adebayo said...

Thanks Seshe James.

Unknown said...

Wow! That guy no try!!!

Adiya
Muse Origins (formerly The Corner Shop)
Muse Origins

Ope Adebayo said...

@Muse Origins: Hehehehe.